Reiki helps you to maintain a state of balance and wholeness, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It is also complementary of other healing technics for chronic diseases.
In Japanese, Rei means universal, and includes matter, soul and spirit. Ki (or Qi) refers to the vital energy circulating in us, as used by Oriental medicines such as Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda. Reiki is bringing together the “Universal Energy” and our own “Life Force” in order to awaken a dynamic process of healing. Reiki belongs in the Energy Medicine approach, in which the practitioner intervenes on the vibratory field of the person.
What should you expect during a Reiki session?
Usually, a treatment proceeds as follows: a discussion takes place to map out the goal of the session, then you will lie down fully dressed on the massage table, and later on a sitting position. The practitioner will carry out a dozen different hand positions, sometimes in contact with your body, using very light pressure, sometimes at distance.
At the end of the treatment, you may feel carried away into a deep sleep or, on the contrary, experience unusual sensations such as visual impressions of hot or cold feelings.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
– Relaxes the body and mind
– Encourages emotional release and balances mood
– Relieves anxiety and re-vitalizes energy
– Reduces stress, tension and promotes relaxation
– Improves sleep
– Helps experience inner strength
– Removes energy blockage, balances the chakra and meridians
– Eases pain and discomfort of chronic diseases
– Eases muscle tension and helps digestion issues
– Facilitates recovery from injuries, surgery, burns and scarring
– Balances organ gland and hormone levels
– Regulates blood sugar